Sunday, May 6, 2012

WEEK 4 - Some thoughts


This week I had the chance to learn about infinite resources that certainly are going to improve the way I teach my students.  We are exploring new technologies in the field of education that certainly are going to open doors for those who cannot access it these days for many reasons. These tools are going to change the way we use to give classes, and also to motivate students and prepare them to face this changing world as well. It was time also to rethink and analyze our classes, the strengths and weaknesses all in order to make the necessary changes to make them more productive and interesting. It is time to “get deep” into the environment our students are used to and take advantage of it by using all the resources and benefits it offers to us.
Nicenet is an amazing resource for sharing ideas and experiences and I’m pretty sure every single piece of information there is valuable for all participants. I’m eager to start sharing with my peers all the information I had the chance to review since the course has begun. We, teachers must start exploring the potential of digital resources empower students and create exciting new learning opportunities.
This week activities also let me think about the possibility to take the class outside the classroom. I mean creating communities of practice. By using social networking technologies we are going to extend the learning into an additional space, a space for communicating, collaborating, sharing ideas, and sharing learning. This space is going to be available to the students and the teacher outside the classroom walls. With features like the “Teachers Account” in Diigo, you can set up and manage accounts for students, and record and communicate class assignments and other information. Students can extend their class discussions in the forum and share relevant resources they’ve found on research projects. I’m just giving my first steps and my chances are infinite…

No comments:

Post a Comment