I consider that blogging
will benefit my class in many aspects. First of all I want to create a blog for
a specific class in order to make it an extension of the class itself. I could
use it in the classroom to provide additional
practice, I could use it in the computer lab to review and reinforce the
contents previously seen in class and the most important aspect to use it to
promote autonomous language learning in students by telling them to access it
at home, work or whatever place at whatever time.
Blogs could enhance critical
and analytical thinking, they could promote creative and intuitive thinking,
they could increase access and exposure to quality information and finally they
could develop a combination of solitary and social interaction.
I will start a class blog
with simple announcements, homework assignments, and external useful links
organized by language skills. To get them accustomed, I will ask students to
read other blogs related to topics they want. I will supply a subject related list and I
will review it with them.
With blogs I will:
Encourage online verbal exchange. Provide with class
and syllabus information. It serves as a resource of links for self-study.
It will be a space for collaborative discussion,
an extra-curricular extension of the classroom where students can be encouraged
to reflect in more depth, in writing, on themes touched upon in class as an
online portfolio.
Provide extra reading practice
for students as online student journals that can be read by peers. Guide
students to online resources appropriate for their level.
Increase the sense of
community in a class encouraging shy students to participate, stimulating
out-of-class discussion.
Rottner
Hello Rotner:
ReplyDeleteAs you say, the blog is a excellent tool to use in class,provide much information and help to encourage the students.
Regards from México
Erika Uribe
Hello, Rottner
ReplyDeleteIt is quite interesting to read your post. The brilliant ideas have been shared on using the blog as the potential academic tool. I think that would help us all.
I do agree with you and Erika that blogs are an excellent tool provided that as teachers we use it with a clear purpose.
Best,
Mohini
Rotter, this week I comment on your blog, because I saw what you did in the exercise of Interactive PPT, using Prezi, and I think you have excellent skills to convey ideas, as Monica...
ReplyDeleteI loved the work you did with "Music" so I do not have doubts that the Blog for your student group will be a success.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
Diana